The Lincoln-Lane Foundation welcomes applications from any high school or college student who is a resident of the Tidewater area of Virginia and who meets the following guidelines:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (A copy of Alien Registration Receipt Card: I-151, I-551 or I-551c)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Financial need
- Applying to, or currently attending, a 4 year college or university in the United States
If you meet these qualifications, we invite you to submit an application.
Click here to download and print the application (do not print on back side of paper.)
In addition to the application, the following items must be submitted:
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Photograph taken within the last twelve months
- Essay in your own handwriting as detailed in the application
- Copy of parent(s)’ prior year 1040 federal tax return with any schedules filed
- Official transcript of your scholastic record with SAT/ACT scores
- After you file a FAFSA form, a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) must be sent
- Copy of Alien Registration card, if applicable
A paper copy of the completed application and the required items listed above must be submitted to the Foundation by mail postmarked by November 15. Mailing address is 207 Granby Street, Suite 302, Norfolk VA 23510. Please do not send by certified mail or special delivery.
Students whose qualifications and needs meet our guidelines may be asked to come to our office for an interview with members of our Board of Directors. We conduct interviews between December and March. The interview is usually 15 minutes and parents need not accompany the student.
Students will be notified of the decision of the Board of Directors in early April. The scholarship award is tentative at that time and may be subject to change depending on other scholarship assistance and the student’s need.